PANP Annual Conference 2017
October 20th – 21st, 2017 Hershey Lodge
325 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
This year the PANP is celebrating the passage of legislation that will finally regulate the practice of naturopathic medicine in Pennsylvania. As more and more states open their doors to naturopathic doctors, there are ever expanding opportunities for NDs to integrate our model of care into conventional settings. Qualified providers of whole-person care are needed more than ever in order to more completely address chronic illnesses like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, autoimmune disease and chronic pain.
The PANP is seeking naturopathic doctors who have navigated this expanding integrative landscape, who have managed to honor the underlying principles of naturopathic care in conjunction with healthcare providers from other disciplines. Do you have a tried and true method of pain management in conjunction with chiropractic care and a physical therapist? Have you worked closely with a rheumatologist? Have you forged a relationship with a dietitian for your diabetic patients? Or, simply, how do you navigate private practice patients who are actively consulting with outside providers? We are seeking your experience and your wisdom.
Please See Below for Abstract Guidelines:
Abstracts should be written in Times New Roman, 11 point font, single-spaced lines. Abstracts should be formatted using Microsoft Word, or submitted as a .pdf file.
Abstracts should be submitted by email to the PANP to Marie. The subject line of the email should read, “PANP 2017 Conference Call for Abstracts”. All abstracts must be sent no later than 11:59 pm on Monday, July 17th, 2017.
All of the following must be included in your submission:
- Contact Information: Presenter(s) full name(s), degree(s), street address, city, state zipcode, daytime telephone number, fax number, email address
- Speaker Biography (up to 100 words)
- Digital Picture of speaker
- Presentation title and a short (up to 100 words) description of your presentation.
- Learning Objectives (Three to Five optimal)
- Bulleted outline of your presentation
- Three to five multiple choice questions with answers that will be covered in your presentation
- The preferred length of presentation. (Can choose 20, 50 or 70 minutes)
- Mention whether there will be a pharmacy discussion as part of your presentation, and what percentage of the presentation will be taken up by pharmacy material.
- Who is the target audience for your presentation? (medical practitioners, researchers, students, legislators, the lay public, etc)
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Committee. Abstracts must be factual and must report significant research findings, clinical procedures, results, techniques or topics. Minimal time should be given to basic science, as it is assumed the audience will have this underlying knowledge. Abstracts will be judged based on relevance, clarity, originality, significance and speaker experience. Preference will be given to presentations eligible for pharmacy CEU’s, but those abstracts that do not contain pharmacy content will be considered as well.
July 17th, 2017 – Abstract submissions due
July 28th, 2017 – Notification date
September 15th, 2017 – Final presentation submission deadline. By submitting an abstract, you are agreeing to this date.
The presenter must ensure the accuracy of content, spelling, and formatting of their presentation. All presenters are responsible for their own expenses including travel, room, board, and any other costs incurred by conference participations. Presenters are responsible for the transport and storage of any presentation materials. Presenters will receive a $250 honorarium and complimentary registration for the conference, with CEU’s for the lectures that they attend. All speakers must provide information on any conflict of interest and make aware any affiliation or financial interest that may affect the speaker’s presentation.